Hi, I have my S3 mini since 2014. I bought it as backup phone so it is not used regulary more like 2 months in a year.
    I use it now since 30th January but it is pain. Very stabil wifi keeps on disconnecting, sometimes phone restart itself, apps are slow (I installed there just facebook, messanger and whatsapp) or keep on freezing. When trying to use google maps it is painfully slow and after turning it into gps navigation it freezes completely. I tried restarting it, draining it completely or to return it back to factory setting and nothing works. Since nothing works and phone is no longer under warranty, is there some way how to reboot it, reinstall it or anything else? I don't expect miracles from this phone but working with it is painfull.
    02-02-2017 01:21 AM
    I would systematically recall what apps are currently active at any given point. Locate the app settings, and scroll through each tab as to see what apps are currently being used and how much data is being using. I would then force stop, disable those apps which are not relevant to your current app usage. Shutting down/disabling apps like Google Play when not in use can dramatically save you time, effort and the frustration associated with cross over apps which tend to update or download at the most inopportune times. Thus slowing your speed and load times of other apps. All I've mentioned is referred to as streamlining and using just those apps needed and turn off those not needed.

As for the WiFi concern, it's important to realize nothing is secure as defined by the use of the wireless or wifi system/network. There are a variety of issues which can interfere with your connection, so don't always feel it's the app making your device lag or slower than normal. For instance, is your wifi system in clear view of your device, How far away are you from the wifi system, are you constantly walking into and out of hot zones within your home or business.. All factors concerned
    02-02-2017 06:05 AM