Moto 360 sport "calling setup" notification

kill4food

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I woke up this morning and I had a notification on my moto 360 sport that says "calling setup". When I swipe right it shows an arrow saying "open calling settings". When I click on it nothing happens. Is there some setting I have to enable on the phone itself?

rt998

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have been having the same issue. I just decided to open the Messaging app on the watch and found that it was asking for permissions on the watch side. I accepted those prompts and my text messages were displayed on the watch. Hopefully I will not see any further messages. Bad design if that is the case. Hopefully it will be resolved in a future release.

Joeslowy

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I opened the app on my watch, all I saw were my messages.
I am receiving messages on my watch, but still getting the 'calling setup' notification.
Msg+ has access to
contacts
microphone
phone
sms

I noticed that in 'my verizon' phone was disabled.
I enabled that.
we will see what happens

jane thims

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
I just set my default sms to hangouts. I'm getting my texts and so far no annoying call setup msg. However, my phone is now audible when receiving texts, even though I have it set to silence when watch is connected.

This is so frustrating. I had moto360 1st gen and it worked great. The "upgrade" to Sport has been nothing but headaches!

Motorola/Lenovo + Samsung/Verizon = FAIL:':) mad:

bubbajobob

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
Open your Message+ app on your watch and approve all the permissions it asks you. This might be what it wants to setup. I had the same problem, did this, and am hoping it stops notifying me and that the texts work on my watch again.

rt998

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
How do you do that??

On the watch, go to Settings > Permissions > My Verizon and tap on Phone to enable it. I doubt this will fix the issue but who knows. I did go into the Message+ settings and I saw some permissions were not enabled. I enabled them to see if it will help.

BTW: I am still getting the message. (At least 3 times since my post yesterday.)

Matthew Duguay

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
To uninstall Message+ from the watch, use the Android Wear app on your phone.
Once you're in the app, press the gear at the top to go into Settings. Select "Block app notifications". There is a plus sign at the bottom you can tap to open up a list of all applications. Find Message+ and select it to be blocked.

Now that you've blocked it, you can uninstall it entirely by going back to the Settings page, and tap on Moto 360 (connected)
On this page, hit "Resync apps" to clear out all blocked apps.

This should prevent the message from popping up again!

p.s. after i did this on mine, some of the apps that i had running (I use Facer) stopped working. They'll all needed to be started up again after the Resync, just open them like you normally would.

TheMadCatter

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
I've managed to fix the problem on my watch, so far so good. Instead of uninstalling the Message+ app on the watch. I went into my Andriod Wear app opened up Settings and went to Block App Notifications, your Message+ should be there. Once you have unblocked Message+ you will start getting the notification again, but only with phone numbers. You can fix this as well, once it has been unblocked from your Android Wear go back to your watch, go to your apps, find the Message+ and click on it. The app will then prompt you to allow it access to your messages, phone calls, and contact list. Once you agree to this it will now send you notifications again, with the names showing.

I don't know if this works for any others, but it seemed to fix my problem.

bc14nj

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried this as well...saw the permission pop-ups and went into permission settings and enabled them all at this point.

Still get the message and NO notifications for texts anymore on my Huawei.

Looks like they completely broke it.

bc14nj

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I've managed to fix the problem on my watch, so far so good. Instead of uninstalling the Message+ app on the watch. I went into my Andriod Wear app opened up Settings and went to Block App Notifications, your Message+ should be there. Once you have unblocked Message+ you will start getting the notification again, but only with phone numbers. You can fix this as well, once it has been unblocked from your Android Wear go back to your watch, go to your apps, find the Message+ and click on it. The app will then prompt you to allow it access to your messages, phone calls, and contact list. Once you agree to this it will now send you notifications again, with the names showing.

I don't know if this works for any others, but it seemed to fix my problem.

Tried this. It was not in my blocked list.

I've also tried uninstalling Message+ from my phone(Pixel XL), it also correctly removes Message+ from my watch.

Reinstalled Message+, Got the notification on my watch that it's installed "tap to start", I did, granted the two permissions asked(Contacts and Phone...oddly no SMS). I manually enabled SMS permission on the watch for Message+.

Working again. Also, I have NOT received the text message from Verizon telling me my watch has access to your text and calls as I did prevously.

bc14nj

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Nope that does help with it at all, enabled everything for verizon and message+ still get the message and still doesn't do anything when you swipe and click

After a while, I did get the text and message on the watch again. And swiping did nothing. I've only gotten it once though. AND, my text notifications are now working just fine. So, overall I consider that a success considering what I had before.

bc14nj

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
After a while, I did get the text and message on the watch again. And swiping did nothing. I've only gotten it once though. AND, my text notifications are now working just fine. So, overall I consider that a success considering what I had before.

And now it's broken again. Worked well for about half a day. Then I got the swipe left message a second time, and done.

Joeslowy

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I recently got a notification on my watch to update the 'my verizon app' on my phone.
I just went to my phones 'my verizon' app. went through the sign in process.
had a buddy send a test text and it came through on my watch

Last edited:

Joeslowy

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Just had a text come in, but didn't show up on my watch.

I have a new icon in the list of options that says "activate watch", but when I click it it says "Watch not added" sorry we can't add your watch. you can still stay connected using bluetooth and wifi"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12