SDcard usage

Russ Michaels

Banned
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have an Amazon Fire Tablet for kids with 32GB SDCARD.
The card is almost full which is causing problems, if I go into storage settings it shows me that 25GB space is used by "OTHER (1 file)".
And this option is grayed out so I cannot select it.
If I connect the sdcard to my pc I have discovered that the space is being used by apk files in "data/com.amazon.venezia/files/apks"

Now I realise that apk files are used by apps, but if these are the apps then why why does it not show as such under the storage menu ?
Uninstalling apps doesn;t seem to make any difference to this 25GB usage.

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
A routine wipe of the cache could help free up space within this folder and according to Amazon.. The file/apks is used in conjunction with the Amazon app. Oddly though was it necessary to move the app or other apps to the SD card?.. or was it pre-installed from the factory this way?..

Lastly and according to Amazon.com support page, I wasn't able to locate the exact device you're referring to, but on average, it would seem that the 32GB SD card installed on this device was not the correct card and should be upgraded. The max limit can vary based on what device you have. According to Amazon, the external memory can be expanded to 200GB.. so I feel you may need a new SD card.

Locate the "storage" via Amazon specs page: https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Tablet-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5665638

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463