How to get my Huawei P9 and my non-smart Samsung Tv connected through HDMI

A

AC Question

Hi there, I'm a newbie here who's looking for tips.
I've a Huawei P9 smartphone and a non-smart Samsung TV (UE32J4000 model) and it's been days of complete failures when trying to connect my smartphone to the tv.
I got a HDMI cable, but every time I plug both the inputs in, my TV doesn't recognize the P9.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried possibly using a chromecast video?
It allows you to stream content wirelessly to your tv like youtube, netflix, etc.
Is your cable bad?
When you plug the cable into your phone are you given options?

Sand aka

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for your reply, Tony.
Meanwhile I went over to my neighbor house and the cable was functional. Screen mirroring works well on his Samsung Smart TV with the HDMI cable connected, but it doesn't on his other non-Smart TV, so he told me it's because of me not having a Smart TV. Since I know very little of this stuff, is he right?
I've heard something of Chromecast but dunno if it meets my need. Would you recommend it to me? :)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes. It took me a while to get used to it over a Roku or fire TV. There are plenty articles, etc on this site about the chromecast. It allows you to stream content from your device to the TV. It is designed for streaming from YouTube etc, not local files but it can be done.