My galaxy s3 working very good and I can received calls and answer it, my only main problem that when I try to draw my correct pattern it restart the phone again and again.

Details may help

- Stock Rom ,unrooted , jellybean
    -The WiFi is disabled
    - USB depping is disabled

I tried to connect it to my pc using usb cable to save my data, it happen to successfully connected as a portable drive and my data appears but then it truned quickly to be as an empty file and need to enable the usb

I guess my problem in the touch wiz launcher, anyway to reinstall it again using recovery mode or otg flash memory ?? without losing data

I don't care about the apps I only need the images,whatsapp data,contact thats all

please help I have been for 4 days on the lock screen
    02-03-2017 05:26 PM
    Have you tried Safe Mode?
    02-03-2017 05:51 PM
    yes I tried the safe mode and wipe clear cache but I does not work
    any other suggestions
    02-03-2017 06:31 PM
    ????????????
    02-03-2017 07:20 PM
    Welcome to the forums. If the launcher is the issue, you can load a different one. Go to Play on your PC, and when you click install, it will go to your phone.
    02-03-2017 07:24 PM
    I will give it a try, But even with the phone is locked and can't sync because the WiFi is disabled??
    I hope it's work
    02-03-2017 08:35 PM
    It doesn't work at all
    02-03-2017 08:56 PM
    OK. There has to be some kind of recovery. If you fail the password too many times, what happens?
    02-03-2017 10:08 PM
    it went for 2 options, pin code which I already know I 100% write it correct but it restart the device just like the pattern, and the second method is recovery with gmail,I know the user and the password but there is no internet enabled on my phone for my bad luck, I guess it's launcher problem because I'm able to received calls and answer it very good, do you have any other suggestion, thanks for helping me
    02-03-2017 10:24 PM
    Is it possible to flash a new apk launcher in recovery mode for unrooted device using otg usb or SD?
    02-03-2017 10:25 PM
    Is it possible to flash a new apk launcher in recovery mode for unrooted device using otg usb or SD?
    Sorry for the delay....I am honestly running out of ideas. Everything I can think of is stopped by USB debugging being disabled. It is possible to push and pull files from recovery. However, USB debugging needs to be on. Maintaining the data is the sticking point. ADB has a backup command, but again USB debugging needs to be on.\

Contacts may have been synced to Google. If you saved them under your GMail, then they were. Images may have been auto backed up if you had either Google Photos or any other cloud storage app installed. Most cloud apps have auto backups of photo files.

What'sApp has always been kind of tricky. The data can't be pulled (to the best of my knowledge), or transferred.

Aside from a reset, I can't think of anything else to suggest.
    02-04-2017 09:13 AM
    should I give up? or there is any software that can setup new launcher so I can access my data?? one more thing, can I root my phone so I can access to the phone since I don't care about the stock firm
    02-04-2017 01:39 PM
    should I give up? or there is any software that can setup new launcher so I can access my data?? one more thing, can I root my phone so I can access to the phone since I don't care about the stock firm
    Flashing a different ROM can help, but that may wipe all your data. Rooting may not bypass the problem. I am thinking that this is a lost cause.
    02-04-2017 02:16 PM
    my problem is different then other people, most of them complain about forgotten password, but I have it already I just need to make my launcher work perfect again so I can enter the pattern that's my goal..I don't wanna to remove the password.. would that help in my case ,I really appreciate
    02-04-2017 02:40 PM
    it went for 2 options, pin code which I already know I 100% write it correct but it restart the device just like the pattern, and the second method is recovery with gmail,I know the user and the password but there is no internet enabled on my phone for my bad luck, I guess it's launcher problem because I'm able to received calls and answer it very good, do you have any other suggestion, thanks for helping me
    To back up a little....Can you pull the notification shade down to turn wifi on to recover through Gmail?
    02-04-2017 03:53 PM
    To back up a little....Can you pull the notification shade down to turn wifi on to recover through Gmail?
    I wish I could make this, the phone is 100% locked..
    can I root it using sd or otg then remove the lock pattern?? I don't care about the firm or the phone
    02-04-2017 10:24 PM
    I wish I could make this, the phone is 100% locked..
    can I root it using sd or otg then remove the lock pattern?? I don't care about the firm or the phone
    Sorry about the delay. Your quote didn't show up in my notification panel.

Rooting an S3 will most likely require going into Download mode and using a PC program called Odin to flash at least a custom recovery. After that, flashing a superuser file through either recovery or Odin should get you rooted.

Check here: GalaxyS3Root.com - Learn How to Root Galaxy S3 and Install Custom ROMs!
    02-06-2017 08:48 AM
    Sorry about the delay. Your quote didn't show up in my notification panel.

Rooting an S3 will most likely require going into Download mode and using a PC program called Odin to flash at least a custom recovery. After that, flashing a superuser file through either recovery or Odin should get you rooted.

Check here: GalaxyS3Root.com - Learn How to Root Galaxy S3 and Install Custom ROMs!
    sounds good but thought the root would delete all my data,

after long browsning on the internet I found an app called "AROMA Filemanager" some people said it you can use it on your stock recovery mode ,so you can enter all your data and copy it in your SD and then delete the password file. do you have alink for aroma file manger ?

another question can I flash CWM on my stock s3 which I think it's boot unlocked or I still need to root my phone,

Thanks for your help I guess it's our step before factory resat
    02-06-2017 11:15 AM
    Rooting should not delete all data. It would depend on the root method though. I have not heard of aroma file manager. No idea how the recovery part would work. I can try to see what I can find for downloading the file.
    02-06-2017 02:14 PM