Hey guys, I would like to be able to use my audi mmi system, to perform call though whatsapp or messenger. currently it works as long as I use my phone to open messenger/whatsapp and call from there. but I would like to be able to select a contact and select fb or whatsapp and it would automatic call. I think it would be somehow possible since my car register I am in a call when using fb or whatsapp.
    02-06-2017 05:54 AM
    I think you should focus on driving that car, not chatting on fb or whatever other distraction. If you ran over my kid cos you were busy playing with fb etc, I would pull you from the car and pummel you into a grease spot. I see near misses every day due to ppl doing phone stuff while driving along the highway and it makes my blood boil! As a critical care nurse I see the innocent victims of these types on a daily basis too..
    ChromeJob and pkcable like this.
    02-06-2017 07:21 AM
    To contribute to the answer. The app would need to support such capability. It sounds like the car wants to use the default "phone" app to make calls. I don't believe that's something that can be changed, and it's certainly not something you want to be messing with choosing which app to use to make a call while driving.
    ChromeJob and pkcable like this.
    02-06-2017 08:25 AM
    Pull over and park before using an online app or SIP calling.
    pkcable likes this.
    02-06-2017 09:49 AM
    I guess you don't see my point, I want to have my phone more intergrated with my car, so I DON'T have to use my phone, but can use my voice, because as it is for now I can just say "call [name]" and it calls the person. I want to be able to do that with messenger too, since I would rather use my internet than normal phone call, since I am often across borders. So my point being that I don't want to be distracted with my phone, so therefore use handfree system!
    pkcable likes this.
    02-06-2017 01:48 PM
    Maybe it would be possible to use a url scheme for calling over whatsapp or messenger like whatsapp::call?number=9999999. is this possible with whatsapp or messenger?
    02-06-2017 01:49 PM
    As I replied to another one, I think you misunderstood it, I want to be able to use whatsapp to call people handsfree over the internet rather than normal phone call. because for me it's much cheaper to call with internet.
    02-06-2017 01:56 PM
    I know there USED to be a BlackBerry app for something like this called DriveSafe.ly. Not sure if they are still around and/or if this will work for you, BUT...

Free Mobile App Stops Texting While Driving - DriveSafe.ly
    02-06-2017 01:59 PM