Hi everyone,

I really wish I hadn't installed the update last December, because I have been having so many problems with Marshmallow. I really hope you can give me some advice on how to solve some of these problems, or if it's at all possible to go back to the last version:

- The screen turns blue and restarts itself unexpectedly (every now and then)
    - When my phone restarts, I have to type in a backup password instead of using my fingerprint to unlock
    - Even when on silent and with vibrating turned off, my phone vibrates upon unlocking it with fingerprint (I tried apps like VibraFix, but it didn't help). I have disabled all feedback, but it still does this...
    - camera: it is INCREDIBLY slow and shows the following message "Your device will automatically detect low levels of light and adjust the camera accordingly to take pictures". So when I take a picture, it takes like 20 seconds (just a guess) for it to actually take a photo. There is no option to disable this when I go to settings, nothing like disable image stabilisation or anything.
    - it seems like my battery drains quickly
    - can't remove 'Power saving mode enabled' from my notifications

Thanks for any help/advice you can give me!
    02-06-2017 07:29 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried wiping the cache partition? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28492

Also, it's normal for the phone to ask you for your backup password/PIN after rebooting, even if you have fingerprint security turned on. This is for increased security.
    02-06-2017 04:58 PM
    Thank you! I just tried that, but it sadly hasn't resolved anything so far (and thank you for clarifying re the password when the device restarts)

I also already did a reset, but that hasn't solved anything either
    02-07-2017 11:12 AM
    You could also try booting into Safe Mode, which can help you narrow down if it's a problem caused by an app you installed vs the system: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28456

For the battery issue, charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
    3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
    4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

The "Power Saving enabled" notification is from the system, so I don't think you can get rid of it. I recall seeing this complaint from others as well.
    02-07-2017 05:30 PM