hello,

to be fair, I am posting on other good forums as well.

I already own and currently use a virgin mobile smartphone, vm670. it does an 'ok' job at servicing me. the phone is ancient, and therefore has issues with software and protocals. it only has 3g capability. using it is becoming more and more difficult. I want to stick with virgin's service, but want to add another phone and keep the vm670.

I am looking for recommendations.
    here is a wish list:

1. that it will have a replaceable battery (that I can carry spares).
    2. that it is 4g capable
    3. that I can use it to 'tether' and 'hotspot'. I need it to link to a laptop.
    4. that it has processing and storage capability. I don't want errors and lockups.

basically, I need the latest technology because I am now a tractor trailer driver and access to google maps, street view, and earth (among other apps that I will also require, hence the laptop). I need a phone that solves problems for me and I like virgin's service.

advice, suggestions, info, expertise, and experience is most welcome. thanks.
    02-06-2017 09:09 AM
    Welcome to the forums.

1. The removable battery....that is getting harder to come by.

2. 4G is pretty common. Most phones made in the past 2 years should be 4G capable.

3. Sharing your internet wirelessly may be hit and miss, but all phones should have the capability to tether through USB. It can be a little slower speed wise, but it should still be fine in most instances. This option should be under Settings>wireless connections>more>tethering and hotspot. The wireless hotspot may be disabled by your carrier.

4. I would shoot for a device that has at least 2-3 GB of RAM and at least 16-32 GB of internal storage.

Do you have a spending limit? Are you partial to any brands?
    02-06-2017 10:00 AM
    If I could keep it under $300 I would be happy. it must be able to tether/hotspot and removable battery is very important too.
    02-06-2017 10:52 AM
    You would need to be looking at older Samsung or LG devices. The G4 has a removable battery, and might be in your price range. I think the J series of Samsungs still have the removable battery.
    02-06-2017 11:29 AM