SD cards/Files & folders-I messed up everything! Hoping for a miracle!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

Hello to everyone,

I am beyond frustrated and desperate trying to solve a complicated (maybe confusing) problem re: sd cards and voice files.

Ok... So... I had a Samsung Note 3 and a Samsung 10.1 tablet that used sd cards. Like a moron, I kept switching these sd cards to download voice recordings from a different phone- remotely- using 3rd party apps. Hidden Spyware apps and programs that use the target phones mic to record ambient surroundings.

I HAD tons of recordings that played fine from these sd cards on my previous devices. Although some audio files are in video format as well as audio format. A few of these downloads are quite long. Some over 2-3 hours. I downloaded these files from the websites' user accounts I created.

Here's my question. For example Some of these files are named "rec-5.mp4" "rec-34.mp4" and so on. These are around 15 mins long and are around 1.4 mb. These play fine on my current android which is a Samsung s6. I downloaded them from my cloud accounts.

Some files are named- for example- 14087658997.mp4 or there's a ".sys" format name in front of the ".mp4". Some of these play fine on pc and my phone. The ones that don't play (many different media players don't recognize them or say they are corrupted) are 32 bytes. The 32 byte files show size 0. I believe these were recorded in AMR_NB FORMAT.

When I compare the "rec" files to the broken ones, there's zero info in the media section.

Digging deeper, my recordings are renamed to .mp3, .wav, .mp4 etc. I know NOTHING about audio/video properties but i notice bit rates are different, formats are different and they're renamed. In the header section the broken files show ftypisom 3gp4 mdat or moov followed by question marks and zeros.

Basically, audio recordings are in different formats and I CANNOT figure out why or how to change them. I see some but I'm wondering if when I transferred them to pc or to different sd cards- are the missing ones changed to jpg or something other than media? I don't understand why most files are corrupted and changed even though they're downloaded from the same site?

I know this is such a convoluted and confusing explanation! I have screens shots from both working and broken files if someone can PLEASE explain what's going on and what I can do to fix it! By the way, some files were deleted and recovered/restored with a recovery software program.

I completely screwed up everything. I'mean embarrassed to admit I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem for almost a year.

I'm hoping for a miracle.

Thanks in advance!!!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok... So... I had a Samsung Note 3 and a Samsung 10.1 tablet that used sd cards. Like a moron, I kept switching these sd cards to download voice recordings from a different phone- remotely- using 3rd party apps. Hidden Spyware apps and programs that use the target phones mic to record ambient surroundings.

Sorry -- we don't help to spy on others phones here at AC. If you have questions then register and send me a private message.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2