i frequently get long text messages and now if theyre too long you have to click "view all" to see the whole thing and then come out of it again. is there any way to turn this off and just see the whole message on the main screeen? its very annoying!
    Iv83 likes this.
    02-09-2017 12:30 PM
    I just got the Nougat update on my S7 Edge through T-Mobile and had a long text message today and it did the same thing. I do NOT want to have to click something to continue reading my message!!

I nosed through settings but didn't see anything about it. Anyone know how to fix it? (i.e. have it just display ALL text vs the "click to read the rest" BS?)
    Iv83 likes this.
    02-19-2017 11:24 PM
    My Samsung S7 is doing the same thing. Very annoying!!
    Iv83 likes this.
    03-01-2017 03:35 PM
    This is driving me crazy,

Anyone found a fix for this? (other then downloading a 3rd party messenger)
    03-01-2017 08:51 PM
    This is happening to me, too. I don't know how to fix it.
    03-07-2017 08:11 PM
    Any resolution yet? I do my best to appreciate a change-the-mindset approach, but this is proving super annoying without any conceivable upside.
    03-15-2017 02:14 AM
    I haven't found anything.
    03-18-2017 12:08 PM
    I strongly dislike this and that my notification bar shows two or three notifications and ...

I can't find a way around the text app so may end up using a third party. The notifications bar is now useless

And hey, while I am whining, why didn't they also offer the old font as an option.
    03-24-2017 06:03 PM
    Yup. This is a major fail in my book. Along with changing the default messenger colors. One of the heaviest use apps changed, and with no way to select things back the way they were. Terrible customer relations move. Feels more like something Apple would do; we know what is good for you and you will like it!
    03-31-2017 06:48 AM
    I agree completely with comments about the new & improved, and required, "veiw all" step!
    I just can't understand how developers ever think adding MORE steps to accomplish something is an improvement! Not sure if these other gripes of mine were nougat "improvements", but they are annoying additional steps: 1) now in addition to reminding me EVERY time that high Volume can be hazardous, someone decided I need to be reminded EVERY time, because I might forget, that high Brightness might be harmful. 2)If I want to look up Tom Smith in my contacts, I must A) click Contacts, B)click Search, C) type Smith in Search, and then I can look thru all my Smiths...no wait, I can only look at a FEW Smiths...! If I want to see ALL the Smiths, I have to D) press another button: "VEIW ALL" ...Then, when I find the Smith I'm looking for I, E)click on him, and can see his contact information....noooooo, I then have to F)press "Details"...Now I can see his contact details, well, no, not entirely...you can see a FEW details...if you want to see them ALL, you have to G)press "View more" . . . WHYYYYYYY!!!!!! Good grief who comes up with this cumbersome idiocy!!! So, there, sorry I had to vent when I spotted the new Messenger "view all" thread.
    JD 96 likes this.
    04-10-2017 09:08 AM
    Ya I find this really annoying! I feel weird complaining about one small extra step but I hate not being able to go back to the way it was before. If anyone finds a way to change it please let me know.
    04-14-2017 02:34 PM
    I agree, this feature is awful, it occurs on my sg7 edge too, hopefully someone will get in touch with google and propose change of this useless thing, at least give people chance to turn it off! Until then I'll use 3rd party app (although I was just fine with the stock app until now).
    04-17-2017 05:51 AM
    Users can send feedback to Google.
    04-17-2017 06:18 AM
    You can change the notification bar to show all notifications by going to: Settings, then search for Status Bar and turning the option off for showing only the 3 most recent notifications.

You can also get the old font back by going into:
    Settings - Accessibility - Vision - Screen Zoom and Font, then go down to Font Style and tap Download Fonts and you'll see Samsung Sans which you can download for free.

Now, if we could just collapse email folders and view long texts without having to tap View All, that would be great!

Hope that helps!
    05-01-2017 03:00 PM
    i have the same issue, only when i click "view all", all that shows up is a blank screen and i have no way of viewing the text at all
    05-07-2017 06:50 AM
    I came here looking for a fix and/or workaround for this problem and I was disappointed to not find one. Text messages used to always display no matter how long they were and now there exists a finite length they could be that prevents them from displaying unless you tap a button that closes your current window while opening another. This is pretty absurd behaviour and it needs to be corrected.
    05-11-2017 08:58 PM
    This 'view all' feature is so ridiculous and annoying... i contacted samsung and this is their reply 😠 #nocare

"I understand how important it is for you to turn off the View all function on long messages on your Galaxy S6. As of the moment, this feature cannot be disabled yet on Nougat update. I will take note of your feedback and forward this to the relevant department for future product improvements and a possible software patch"
    05-12-2017 04:33 PM
    Not one single person on the face of this Earth would prefer this "feature." It is a completely stupid and pointless extra step to have to take. Samsung is turning into Apple with their forced idiocy.

This 'view all' feature is so ridiculous and annoying... i contacted samsung and this is their reply #nocare

"I understand how important it is for you to turn off the View all function on long messages on your Galaxy S6. As of the moment, this feature cannot be disabled yet on Nougat update. I will take note of your feedback and forward this to the relevant department for future product improvements and a possible software patch"
    How did you go about harassing Samsung? I'd like to do the same. If enough people pester them, maybe they will actually change it.
    05-31-2017 08:17 AM