Samsung E5 wifi issue

A

AC Question

My Samsung E5 with android 5.1
unable to connect wifi at link speed of 135 mbps.
it only connect at 72 mbps, other android phones
1. micromax a110 ( 5 year old phone) connects at 135 mbps at HT40 mhz
2. huawei honor 2 plus also connects at 135 mbps at HT40 mhz

i use TP link 841n v11 router running latest beta DDWRT.
only my Samsung is connecting at 72mbps HT20SGI mhz.
i even tried stock kitkat, but no solution.
i know 72 mbps is good but my internet is 75mbps fibernet, unable to use full potential.
even old phone connect at higher speed, but my new E5 cant.
kindly some one help me.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The "connect speed" is the speed between the phone and the router - the actual internet speed is much slower. Whether you're connecting at 72mbps or 135mbps, you;ll seldom connect to anything on the internet at greater than 3mbps (that's about as fast as the internet is capable of thee days, unless the server you're connecting to is topologically very close).

I wouldn't worry about it - connecting to the router even at 1,000mbps won't change your download speed at all.

robo king

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
come on i know all stuff about the link speed and actual speed. i have read most of the forums in internet. and my router is right next to me. 100% signal no case. i need to know weather samsung is limited my link speed. i also disable PSM mode in wifi off. i dont care about download speed that much, but when i transfer a 2gb file through lan it took almost 10 min !! and also i need to say it clear only my samsung e5 has this problem ! all other old phones i tested is 135 mbps. !

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There's often no way for us to gauge exactly how much a new member knows from a technical standpoint. We usually err on the side of assuming a member knows less rather than more -- otherwise a true novice can feel overwhelmed if they immediately get hit by a lot of stuff that's over their head.

I'll see what I can find out, but in the meantime, hopefully someone else can help you with your issue. Good luck!

EDIT: Bluetooth can potentially interfere with wi-fi and slow things down -- does this happen when Bluetooth is turned off on the phone?

robo king

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
i have already set to n only mode and tried both 20 mhz, 40 mhz. still it doesnt change anything in samsung still its 75 mbps. i will be happy even if it connect at 144 mpbs. i just worried due to old phone connecting at 135 but my samsung is 75. thinking weather it may be defective hardware. !!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01