No option to save photos to gallery

A

AC Question

Got a replacement note 4 from insurance company.. my old one would let me save photos to my gallery. When I long press on my new phone all it says is "download" I press that and it saves it to my device. How do I get it to give me the options save to my gallery like it did on my other note 4 ?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
The gallery isn't a "location". It's just an "app" that displays media found on your phone or SD. That said, you can't save photos to the gallery. All downloaded photos will go to the download folder on the device, and the media scanner will detect those photos and display them in the gallery app. Normally, the media scanner will pick them up right away, but sometimes you might need to restart your phone to force a rescan. You can also force a rescan by unmounting/remounting your SD card.

Another thing to look at is to open My Files and check to make sure there's no ".nomedia" file in the download folder. A .nomedia file will hide the contents of the folder and they won't show up in the gallery. You may have to go to Settings in My Files to show "hidden files" in order to see the .nomedia file.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11