Can I get a root canal for My S4 Mini I435, without a desktop?

SirFreaK

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
Ok. Im new to this. So I need some guidance please.

My S4 Mini is a Verizon issue. I changed to Straight Talk 5 months ago. At that time, updates ceased to be sent to Me by Verizon. Straight Talk cant help Me because My phone is blocked from doing anything by Verizon. My service signal is trash, but Verizon stopped Me from doing the call in update for My radio. Cant update PRL. No NFC to use homemade antenna. My ram stays at 50% and My jewel still limps along in performance. I love this awesome little phone. Best Ive had. No one will give Me updates except Samsung, if I drive 5 hrs. I have to root it. But Ive never done it, and dont have a big device. I basically just play war games and poke around in My phone or on the net. Is it possible for Me to save this phone? I have a charger port, antenna, and housing ordered for it. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Ok. Im new to this. So I need some guidance please.

My S4 Mini is a Verizon issue. I changed to Straight Talk 5 months ago. At that time, updates ceased to be sent to Me by Verizon. Straight Talk cant help Me because My phone is blocked from doing anything by Verizon. My service signal is trash, but Verizon stopped Me from doing the call in update for My radio. Cant update PRL. No NFC to use homemade antenna. My ram stays at 50% and My jewel still limps along in performance. I love this awesome little phone. Best Ive had. No one will give Me updates except Samsung, if I drive 5 hrs. I have to root it. But Ive never done it, and dont have a big device. I basically just play war games and poke around in My phone or on the net. Is it possible for Me to save this phone? I have a charger port, antenna, and housing ordered for it. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.
Welcome. :)

Why is it that you want to root it? What do you aim to achieve thereby? Are you thinking of custom ROMs for it?

SirFreaK

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
Welcome. :)

Why is it that you want to root it? What do you aim to achieve thereby? Are you thinking of custom ROMs for it?

Well, Im seeing that its the only way to save it. Its a great phone that has ridden the last two years with Me. And saving it will make it better than it ever was before. Ive been reading in these forums for a few weeks. The way people talk about rooted devices is mind blowing. Yes, I would like to learn about custom roms and create the perfect phone. It came stock with great storage, and good ram. It never gave Me a single performance issue that was highly noticable until now. I can only imagine if I had full control of its functions. I have parts coming to rebuild it. So I want to amp it up and keep it. If you can suggest an alternative, please do.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Based on some researched I have done, Verizon has locked the boot loader on that phone via one of their updates so IF you have that update you might be out of luck rooting. Otherwise you can probably find some videos on YouTube on how to root the device although generally speaking they involve using a PC.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, and even if you can find a way of rooting and romming, proceed with caution. We receive many pleas for help from users who have tried it and got stuck with a device which no longer works properly.
We don't have a specific Rooting, ROMs & Hacks forum for your device, but XDA Forums is a good place to look.

SirFreaK

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
Yes, and even if you can find a way of rooting and romming, proceed with caution. We receive many pleas for help from users who have tried it and got stuck with a device which no longer works properly.
We don't have a specific Rooting, ROMs & Hacks forum for your device, but XDA Forums is a good place to look.

Thanks, bro. Ill take a look there as well. And I will ask questions and read before doing it.