I found an Android (HTC One M8). How can I bypass lock screen to find owner's contacts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

androidmatcha

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I was in a cafeteria and the person beside me dropped their Android, an HTC One M8. There is a 3x3 pattern lock. Unfortunately, the screen says "No SIM card in phone", so I can't wait for a call from the owner. I've plugged the phone via USB to my Linux laptop, but my Linux file manager doesn't display anything, presumably because of the lock on the phone.

How can I access the data on the phone? If I could see some contacts, I could probably call them and get in touch with the owner.

I think the phone is running the regular OS (i.e. no custom recovery/OS).
The phone is not rooted.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I was in a cafeteria and the person beside me dropped their Android, an HTC One M8. There is a 3x3 pattern lock. Unfortunately, the screen says "No SIM card in phone", so I can't wait for a call from the owner. I've plugged the phone via USB to my Linux laptop, but my Linux file manager doesn't display anything, presumably because of the lock on the phone.

How can I access the data on the phone? If I could see some contacts, I could probably call them and get in touch with the owner.

I think the phone is running the regular OS (i.e. no custom recovery/OS).
The phone is not rooted.

Wherever you found it you should just bring it to the head administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.