I am trying to see if my daughter installed any kind of backup app on her S7 and the only thing I can find is a backup on her Google Drive and I can see that there was an automatic backup taken yesterday, but can't see any pictures or videos on her google drive !!!
    Since she didn't activate the "picasa album" sync, does this mean that the Google backup, doesn't include pictures and videos ? I personnaly use 3 different backup methods so my phone is protected from any lost data. But of course, she didn't do the same on her new S7....grrrrrr.

I am completely at lost since she is locked out of her phone, can't even access her pin code even if we tried all possible pattern that she can remember ! BTW this problem happen after she didn't log onto her phone with her fingerprint......I am so.....pissed off ! I have spend so much hours trying to find a solution.

Thanks for your help since there is lots of pictures and videos on her phone and her semester project for her "drama class" is on this phone ! And yes there is also very precious pictures and videos I also have on her phone, and that's why I am spending soooo much time trying to find a solution.

The only other option I see it to do a "reset factory", but we don't want to loose all the pictures and videos !
    02-12-2017 12:34 PM
    I believe that backup is only for the app settings for Google Photos, not the actual photos themselves. For the photos to backup, she would've had to turn on the auto-backup feature.

You can see what's been backed up if you go to myaccount.google.com/dashboard, under Android. For me, Google Photos shows up, but it's only 160 bytes, which indicates that it's only the settings that are backed up there, not the thousands of photos I have separately backed up to my Google Photos library.
    02-13-2017 02:35 AM