Google Play Music Playlist Trouble

A

AC Question

Hello,
I have an NVidia Shield TV, and am having problems with how the Google Play Music app manages my music. I have, in the past, used Kodi to play my music, and because of how clunky its playlist editor is, I have opted to just delete music that I don't listen to often and have it play everything on the hard drive.

Since my music has already been selected based on what I have not deleted, all I want to do is have the Play Music app play all of the music currently on my external hard drive, which looks to be fairly simple in theory, but is extremely frustrating in practice.

When I look at the music library, it has all of the music there, but just telling it to play the whole library results in it playing everything, including somehow the music I have previously deleted. The only way I could see this happening is if it is syncing music with my desktop PC, on which I have signed in with the same Google account, but have never run any version of Google play music or even been to the play music website.

I have tried creating a playlist with my external drive plugged into a laptop, saving the playlist to the external drive, and opening the playlist in the play music app, but this ends up with a playlist of only about 150 songs, when there should be about 1,000 songs.

It just baffles me that something as simple as "Play all the music in this folder" or "Play this playlist file" could be so frustratingly difficult. I sincerely hope there is just a simple option somewhere that I have overlooked.

Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. - The reason I cannot just keep using Kodi to play my music is because I want to have my music playing in the background while using other apps. Kodi does this in theory, but in practice the playback is skippy and jumpy and very annoying. Play Music works well for this, so it would be nice if I could simply play my existing playlist.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie