I want to clear all the music off my phone and then replace it with different albums.
    I've connected the phone to my computer and deleted everything from the memory card and from the phone itself but the music is still on the phone and plays just like it did before. I'm using Google play.
    Again while the phone is connected to the computer I've gone through every folder and can't see anywhere where the music is stored.
    It doesn't make sense to me, so I'm obviously missing something.
    Can anyone help ?
    02-13-2017 06:19 AM
    Hi. Which phone do you have. Are you sure the tracks are on your phone and not playing from the cloud. Click on downloaded only under music settings just to make sure. I would use a file manager to search your phone for the music if it's definitely on the phone.
    02-13-2017 06:29 AM
    Is your music also uploaded to Google Play Music? If so, swipe in from the left and select to show music from the device only. This will show only locally-stored music. If you don't do that, it will show your cloud-stored music and allow you to play it. You can use that mode to select what you want to cache locally, from your cloud-store music, onto your device so there would be no need to connect to your PC to copy your music.
    02-13-2017 06:31 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you downloaded the music using your Google Play Music app, then you have to use that app to clear that music. Open Play Music, tap Menu>Settings, then Manage Downloads, and remove the music there. Downloaded music from GPM isn't readily accessible to the user using file managers, because those files are saved to a protected system directory.
    02-13-2017 11:29 AM