Verizon Galaxy S7-

I have all my videos stored on my SD card and they play fine while on my phone. However, once I transfer them to my PC, they don’t play correctly.

• They don’t have a preview photo. Many of my old videos would basically show a photo of what that video is
    • They’re pixelated and many won’t play
    • I’ve tried using VLC, Realplayer & Quicktime and I have the same issues with all

Any ideas because I feel like I’m simply losing my videos once I transfer them from my phone
    02-14-2017 09:26 AM
    How are you transferring the videos to your computer?
    02-14-2017 03:15 PM
    I've tried via usb cable and selecting "file transfer" from the drop down usb charging options and then just copied from that folder and pasted where I needed.

I've also tried removing my sd card and used a microsd adapter and put it directly in my pc and move the files as needed. The problem with importing to my pc from that card is it imports EVERYTHING...all photos, videos, etc...and not in a very logical way
    02-14-2017 04:29 PM
    How large are the files after you transfer them to the computer? Also, right click on the files and look at the properties - What is the resolution stated for the video after it has been transferred to the computer.
    02-14-2017 05:29 PM
    The problem with importing to my pc from that card is it imports EVERYTHING...all photos, videos, etc...and not in a very logical way
    What is this "import" that you are referring to?

After you connect the phone to the computer, you can use the computer's file browser (Finder or Explorer) to easily copy the files from the phone to the computer.
    02-15-2017 01:28 AM
    There's another thread about it here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-transfer.html

Does this happen if the camera saves the videos to Internal Storage instead of SD?
    02-15-2017 01:55 AM
    There's another thread about it here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-transfer.html

Does this happen if the camera saves the videos to Internal Storage instead of SD?
    It doesn't. It's only when it goes to the sd card. Does that mean the SD card is BAD though?
    03-30-2017 09:55 AM
    It certainly could be a defective or corrupt card.

Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html
    03-30-2017 03:40 PM