OK, we recently updated our modem to the Actiontec c1000a and since then, haven't been able to connect Android cellphones or a Kindle. All 3 state "wrong password" even though I know it's correct. My service provider said they added another network called Kindle that I still can't pick up on any of those devices. We've tried resetting the modem and phones with no luck. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, it'd be appreciated.
    02-17-2017 03:12 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you upgraded your modem/router, that means you had to set up the router settings. This includes creating the SSID and password. Did you set it up, or did somebody else set it up?

Did you service provider come to your house to set up your new modem/router, and did they tell you that they created this 2nd wi-fi network called "Kindle"?
    02-17-2017 07:20 PM
    I set it up with some phone support from century link. I don't remember an SSID but I do have the network password as well as the admin password and username for the modem. Century link told me they set up the Kindle network, I think 4 days ago, that I still can't see. I'm not very techie but I can follow instructions and don't think (hope) it's a case of user error.
    02-17-2017 08:36 PM
    The SSID is your network name. I assume you can see that when you try to connect your devices to your network, right?

Log into your router's settings, and try changing your password: Wireless WPA | C1000A | Actiontec | Modems
    IggyKatz likes this.
    02-17-2017 09:21 PM
    Yes, you're right. I can see the SSID, I just didn't realize that's what it was.

And, OK, I've changed the password.

Thanks for your help so far!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-17-2017 11:03 PM
    Just that simple... I re-connected everything with the new password and *abracadabra*... everything is online. I can't thank you enough for that tip. Have a great day
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-18-2017 12:26 AM