Hi,

I've got a Moto G4 mobile phone, and I've been with Virgin mobile for a few years. This morning I received a new sim card from them, which is 4G. However, my phone doesn't recognize the sim card.

My partner has the identical phone, and his phone didn't recognize it either. Also, his sim card (which is an O2 4G sim) works fine on my phone. I went to two mobile repair shops today, and they didn't understand why it wasn't working, and they also tested other sim cards on my phone, and they were working. They didn't know what the problem is. I can't phone Virgin Mobile now because I can't make calls!

Also, when I was able to phone Virgin Mobile this morning, they asked me to go to the Mobile Networks settings, but it is all greyed out, so I can't alter any of those settings.

I'm stuck now, I'm not sure what to do!

Thanks for any help or suggestion.
    02-18-2017 11:57 AM
    It may simply be that the SIM is faulty.
    02-18-2017 01:00 PM
    I forgot to say, that after trying the first sim, I drove to the Virgin mobile shop this afternoon, and tried two other 4G sim cards, and neither of those worked.

By the way, I just created an account, so I'm the original poster.
    02-18-2017 01:06 PM
    I forgot to say, that after trying the first sim, I drove to the Virgin mobile shop this afternoon, and tried two other 4G sim cards, and neither of those worked.

By the way, I just created an account, so I'm the original poster.
    Okay, that makes a difference. It makes it very much harder to understand. I'll pass this on to others for suggestions.

Meanwhile, welcome as a new member.
    02-18-2017 03:25 PM
    Thanks very much, I appreciate that.

My only thought, is that maybe my handset is incompatible with the Virgin 4G sim card.
    02-18-2017 03:28 PM
    Call Virgin care give them your new Moto IMEI because Virginbisbon the Sprint network it's CDMA LTE and very limited GSM most device swaps require you to call care and give new IMEInor login to your Virgin account online and go to upgrade device
    02-18-2017 04:27 PM
    Thanks, I'll suggest that to them when I'm able to borrow my partner's phone. Although, if I haven't changed my phone, will my IMEI code not remain the same as before?
    02-19-2017 02:33 AM
    Are you in the US or Canada? Did you get this phone directly from Virgin, or did you get it somewhere else and want to use it on Virgin? I'm not sure Virgin in the US allows you to bring your own device -- when I search for that, I can only find posts that say "Coming Soon," but all other information says it's still not possible.
    02-19-2017 02:45 AM
    Are you in the US or Canada? Did you get this phone directly from Virgin, or did you get it somewhere else and want to use it on Virgin? I'm not sure Virgin in the US allows you to bring your own device -- when I search for that, I can only find posts that say "Coming Soon," but all other information says it's still not possible.
    I'm in the UK. My partner bought me this phone from Amazon, and I successfully used it with Virgin up until now. The only difference is that this new sim card is 4G, whereas my previous one wasn't.
    02-19-2017 03:08 AM
    Oh, I see. Try @SleepyTheDon's suggestion, then.
    02-19-2017 12:19 PM