I just want to double check that I'm not missing anything. Does everyone else who got Nougat also experience this issue? The stock Contacts (and Phone) apps no longer allow me to display only contacts with phone numbers. Opening Contacts shows a huge list of everyone that I've ever interacted with through email. This is absolutely absurd, stupid, <insert other angry, negative adjectives here>, and useless. I was able to disable this garbage on Marshmallow. Now it seems impossible.
    02-19-2017 07:52 PM
    I just want to double check that I'm not missing anything. Does everyone else who got Nougat also experience this issue? The stock Contacts (and Phone) apps no longer allow me to display only contacts with phone numbers. Opening Contacts shows a huge list of everyone that I've ever interacted with through email. This is absolutely absurd, stupid, <insert other angry, negative adjectives here>, and useless. I was able to disable this garbage on Marshmallow. Now it seems impossible.
    Welcome to Android Central. Which device are you using? I am able to filter my contacts by phone number only on my LG V20.

I was frustrated by the same thing, too. I went to Contacts > tapped the 3 dots in upper right corner > Contacts Settings > Display > moved the slider to on for "Show contacts with phone numbers only". Then, I scrolled down to "Customize" and checked the box for "My Contacts". That finally did the trick for me. Before that, my Contacts would have several hundred entries labeled "No Name" or something like that, lol.

Please join as a member and let us know if this helped, or to post or respond to questions about this issue in this same thread.
    02-19-2017 09:54 PM