How to send video in text with good resolution?

A

AC Question

I've looked all over and I cannot accept that my s7 can't send videos that people can actually see. I don't want technical data. I don't care about cloud services. Why does my wife send me a text video that looks good and when I send her a video it's awful?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I've looked all over and I cannot accept that my s7 can't send videos that people can actually see. I don't want technical data. I don't care about cloud services. Why does my wife send me a text video that looks good and when I send her a video it's awful?

The solution is to not use MMS for videos.

I'd get into the technical reasons but you don't want to hear it.

Email?
Allo?
WhatsApp?
Facebook Messenger?

talbotjt7

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone find that unacceptable? I have whatsapp and that's fine for sending between people i know. My mom is not savy, to say the least. She's lucky to be texting and that's as far as I can get with her. So long story short there is no way to send a text video with good resolution... seems like someone should be working on that..

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The MMS protocol only allows for a certain size media to be sent. Due to that it's not so easy to just magically get a better resolution on media sent over that protocol.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Sending large files through any messaging system tends to be rude.
If SMS is the messaging system you want to use, upload your video to a file sharing site like Dropbox.com or Google Drive, then send the URL of the video in your message.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone find that unacceptable? I have whatsapp and that's fine for sending between people i know. My mom is not savy, to say the least. She's lucky to be texting and that's as far as I can get with her. So long story short there is no way to send a text video with good resolution... seems like someone should be working on that..

Knowing what I know about MMS, yes. It's perfectly acceptable.

This won't get better until RCS is mainstream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781