Calendar notification not working

A

AC Question

Hi, Most of my calendar notifications seem to have stopped working. If I change the sound that helps sometimes but only for the next reminder in my calendar. Then after that the sound stops again for the rest.

ChuckSeggelin

Mar 27, 2017
Visit site
Same issue has started happening to me. I suspect a recent system update to be the culprit.

It is the Google Calendar app. Version 5.7.12-150073522-release. It is synced up with my google calendar.

The phone is a "Droid Turbo 2", Android version 7.0. My provider is Verizon, not sure why that would matter.

I've experimented with the settings and discovered that I can still get vibration during an event reminder, but no audio, no matter what settings I choose. Phone is not muted, and other sounds play normally.

fbell50

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem. It started working after I changed the sound and is still working two days later. I assume it is just a matter of time before it stops working again.

Philippa Najman

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
This issue has been driving me nuts!!! Found the solution for me today. The app power saving feature was turning the calander off after 3 days of not being in use! It is the default for it. Change it to disabled, go through settings>battery>app power saving. That is where it is on my galaxy A5. Pleased now that I am getting my notifications, not so pleased that I have gone through so many time consuming processes, as advised by experts eg removing all notifications and factory resets, when the answer was so simple. Hope this helps some of you.

laurauggerholt

Jul 30, 2017
Visit site
My calendar notifications suddenly stopped working two days ago. After much reading and searching, I finally found that the calendar notification in phone settings had randomly been switched off. There are two places calendar notifications can be turned off and on: within the calendar app and from the phone's settings under "notifications." It was the latter that had turned off. The former was still on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol