HELP! My HTC Desire won't connect to home wifi.

A

AC Question

Hey,
I got the HTC desire 826 a couple of weeks back and updated it to the latest version of android. After the software update, it stopped connecting to my home Wifi. It'd either say "Disabled" or "Connection Error". I did a factory reset and it started to work fine (for about a week). Last night after the battery died, I plugged it in for the night as usual and upon turning it on this morning, the same problem appeared. It won't connect and I've done all the basic things I've tried rebooting it, turning on aeroplane mode, resetting my wifi settings etc. I love the phone but I can't keep resetting it every week.
Is it some software issue with this model specifically? Why does this problem keep recurring? How should I fix it? I really need Help :( Please and Thank you

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey,
I got the HTC desire 826 a couple of weeks back and updated it to the latest version of android. After the software update, it stopped connecting to my home Wifi. It'd either say "Disabled" or "Connection Error". I did a factory reset and it started to work fine (for about a week). Last night after the battery died, I plugged it in for the night as usual and upon turning it on this morning, the same problem appeared. It won't connect and I've done all the basic things I've tried rebooting it, turning on aeroplane mode, resetting my wifi settings etc. I love the phone but I can't keep resetting it every week.
Is it some software issue with this model specifically? Why does this problem keep recurring? How should I fix it? I really need Help :( Please and Thank you

Welcome to Android Central! Here is a link to a guide for troubleshooting wifi problems:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html

Please consider registering as a new member here - it's free, so you can ask any additional questions or reply with any other information you can provide. Let us know if this helps you.