HTC M9 bluetooth phone audio disabled but, media enabled

A

AC Question

Since the last software update I'm unable to turn on the phone audio for any of my bluetooth headphones. I have two different brands (Zik and Jawbone). Neither of them allow me to turn on the phone audio in the settings. The media audio is on and working. No phone audio though. The checkbox is disabled and won't let me check it to turn it on. I searched for this issue everywhere and can't find a solution so, I'm hoping to get help here. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is any other Bluetooth device currently connected for Phone Audio, like a smartwatch? If there's anything else currently paired and connected, it will compete with the other devices and not let them connect.

zmagicx888

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I couldn't reply for a while since I wasn't able to create an Android Central account.

I verified that there aren't any other bluetooth devices on or connected nearby. I'm still able to connect with devices like my bluetooth speaker and headphones but, the phone function is not enabled. In the settings I can see that it says media audio is on for the device I'm connected with. So, I can listen to music in both headphones I tested. But, the phone setting is disabled and grayed out so I can't enable it. So, I can't use headphones for phone calls, I can only listen to media. I have used these headphones many times before this software update with no issues. So, something went wrong with the last update.

I haven't resolved this issue yet with my HTC M9 but, I just bought the new Google Pixel. That should resolve it. haha! Anyone want to buy my HTC M9?