Hi, so ive had the Samsung galaxy s7 edge for about 6 months of a 18 month contract, within the first 2-3 months i dropped the phone causing one large crack on the screen. Over the months charging it (i presume the heat) has caused the glass to crack/shatter into tiny pieces which i am living with due to the hefty £350 quotes to fix. However recently the phone stopped charging so i bought a new charger which is a more snug fit but still only charges if it is pushed hard over to the right. I would like some advice on what the best Option is as cancelling my contract so soon would leave me with a huge bill and paying to fix the screen and charger could prove more!
    03-02-2017 11:29 PM
    Hi, so ive had the Samsung galaxy s7 edge for about 6 months of a 18 month contract, within the first 2-3 months i dropped the phone causing one large crack on the screen. Over the months charging it (i presume the heat) has caused the glass to crack/shatter into tiny pieces which i am living with due to the hefty £350 quotes to fix. However recently the phone stopped charging so i bought a new charger which is a more snug fit but still only charges if it is pushed hard over to the right. I would like some advice on what the best Option is as cancelling my contract so soon would leave me with a huge bill and paying to fix the screen and charger could prove more!
    It unfortunately seems like you have damaged your charging port since it's only charging when "it is pushed hard over to the right.". A short term fix would be to possibly get a wireless charging pad. At least you can still charge and use the phone With regards to the cracked screen. Maybe purchase a screen protector which can over the cracked glass and then you will at least have a smooth surface

Hope this helps a little!
    03-02-2017 11:37 PM