S7 edge updated, stuck in boot loop

A

AC Question

I updated my phone overnight. When i woke up this morning, it was stuck in a boot loop. i tried everything that was suggested on these forums but nothing works. I even sent the phone to safe mode. It just continued to reboot.
Now the phone is not responding to anything. I press the power button and the home button and every other possible button and nothing works.
I would really appreciate any help i can get, thanks!

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem with mine. Only thing I could do is boot into Odin mode, then from there I could turn it off by using the same buttons . The Samsung ppl tried with Odin but it was missing DRK so bad to send it away to fix that. Resulted in wiping all my stuff...
If you have the skills, boot into Odin by pressing power, volume down and home key. When it boots, release the power button but not the other two. Now you should be able to connect to pc and install software if you have the programs and skills...

mightymo77

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a Galaxy S7 and it had Android 6.0 Marshmallow on it. I imagined that it wouldn't already be updated so I downloaded the stock 7.0 Nougat image from the SamMobile website. So I flashed the ROM and got the dreaded Samsung logo boot loop. I tried flashing over and over again with all different versions of Odin. Every website said to click on the "AP" button within Odin, browse to the .tar.md5 file and then flash the ROM. Well that's not the case. This is what I did to fix my boot loop issue:

• Open Odin as Administrator (right-click, choose "Run as Administrator") (I used v3.12)
• Put the device into download mode (Hold Power + Volume Down + Menu)
• Connect the device to your computer
• Odin should recognize the device and the ID:COM port should turn a color, usually blue
• Now your ROM image should be a .zip file, extract it. You should have five files, each beginning with AP, BL, CP, CSC and HOME_CSC. What you have to do is match up each one of these to the corresponding button in Odin. For the last button, CSC, I used the HOME_CSC (as opposed to the one that starts with CSC).
• This worked and my phone easily booted and was upgraded to Android 7.0

I hope this can be helpful to everyone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21