Hulu will not play after new update for droid turbo 2?

A

AC Question

I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything just about and still is not working. Just a black screen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps, select Hulu, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. If that doesn't help, try wiping the cache partition: https://motorola-global-portal.cust...prod_answer_detail/a_id/108278/p/30,6720,9583

If it still doesn't work, send an email to Hulu support and let them know this is happening. When you mention the new update, are you talking about an update to Hulu or a system update for the phone?

Kip Eavenson

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
You may have already figured this out, but I just got off the phone with them and they did something that made it work again. Only thing is, now the resolution is not great and (as far as I can tell) there's no way to change the quality anymore. Now in the settings you can only turn captions off and on. I'm wondering if that's what they're doing to fix it is force it to low quality and take away the option to change it. But either way, whatever she did worked and I can watch shows again. And they credited back a week of payment as well.

unscathedgenius

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
You may have already figured this out, but I just got off the phone with them and they did something that made it work again. Only thing is, now the resolution is not great and (as far as I can tell) there's no way to change the quality anymore. Now in the settings you can only turn captions off and on. I'm wondering if that's what they're doing to fix it is force it to low quality and take away the option to change it. But either way, whatever she did worked and I can watch shows again. And they credited back a week of payment as well.

Do you recall what they did to fix this when you called? I'm having the same issue and Hulu support claims it's a phenomenon.

Thanks!