Marshmallow update rewritten code on my sandisk ultra sdxc card rendering it corrupt and unusable!

A

AC Question

Marshmallow update rewritten code on my sandisk ultra sdxc card rendering it corrupt and unusable ! I can view all files on pc but read only? Tried various softwares Easeus, SD formatter, Mini tool, CHKDSK, DISKPART, but unable to remove marshmallow encyption! Using galaxytab8.4pro and sandisk 128gb sdxc ultra card. My pc windows10 64bit. My usb card reader supports sdxc 128gb . Card file system exfat. Thinking of rooting tablet and then using apps to remove encryption? Is this my only option? And has anyone had similar issues and resolved it via root method? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I doubt that's encryption. SD cards can get corrupted on their own, which is why they should not be relied upon as a single storage solution.

Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad