Alcatel One Touch Pixi 3, battery stuck at 59%

A

AC Question

I have an Alcatel One Touch Pixi 3.5. It's my first smartphone, given my mom for my 16th birthday, now the phone is eight months old and I'm satisfied with it so far.

I was a bit irritated since the battery drains too fast since I began using it but today something weird happened. Yesterday, at night (around 1 AM) I left my phone charging for the next day (I always do that since I use my phone the entire day, every day). Today I woke up at 6 AM and my phone was stuck at 59%. This is the first time that happens. Every day before I had woken up to my phone fully charged.

Weird. And even stranger is that it's 9 AM already. Three hours have passed and my phone is still stuck at 59%. My phone's battery has always had a super short life, so this is definitely not normal. In three hours my phone is usually with zero battery already.

So... what is happening? Again this is the first time this happens and I'm a bit scared since this is my first smartphone and I don't want to buy a new one in like five years from now or more if possible.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does that persist after a reboot? If not, then try wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30920. The steps for that phone should probably work for your phone.

You could also try using the phone normally until it shuts down automatically from low battery. Then charge up again normally overnight, and see if it's back to reading 100%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs