Hopefully simple. I have a new Android M tablet with a microSD set as adoptable (internal) storage, and spent some time configuring it. Have had trouble with some apps not installing or misbehaving after installation, and also might want to have data readable outside the device as ordinary external storage.

I'd like to try using a different microSD formatted for regular external storage, and alternate between the two SD cards for a while. Does that work? How does the phone react to having one microSD removed and a differently formatted microSD booted? Would best appreciate informed experience with this. Thanks.
    03-11-2017 03:16 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! No, I wouldn't advise that. If you format an SD card as Internal Storage, that becomes incorporated into what the device recognizes as its Internal Storage. So it will start saving apps and app data to the card. If you remove the card, those apps will likely crash.

But to be honest, I haven't had direct experience with this, so let's see if anyone else can knows for sure.
    03-11-2017 08:50 PM