Jerry,

I'm not asking for tech support. I've been a reader here for years and, while I'm sure you could fix my problem, I don't expect that you're in the business of free customer service in your spare time. What I'm looking for is a little direction to help me solve a unique problem which you may have come across in your experience with Android.

I've got a Moto X Pure edition and my bluetooth functionality went flaky on me the other night. My headset stopped providing audio and a short time later, my phone spontaneously rebooted. Following that, none of my formerly "known" devices would connect, and, instead of labelled entries, any devices which were subsequently discovered showed up in the list as hex addresses and would fail to connect. I've done some poking around in the forums and I've tried rebooting, rebooting into safe mode and wiping the cache, etc. I'm considering one of two choices: replacing the specific bluetooth .bin file, or wiping the device and reloading.

My questions to you are:

• Have you heard of this sort of thing before?
    • Which course of action do you recommend?
    • Where should I go to get up to speed on that course of action?
    • If neither, do you have any other thoughts?

Thanks in advance for anything you have to offer. If you don't have any suggestions, that's fine too, we're all busy in our lives. Regardless, cheers.

-Mike Franquelli
    03-12-2017 09:04 AM
    After a system update my Bluetooth started doing the same. It would forget all my connections and I have a lot. When I tried to pair it wouldn't work unless it was right after a reboot.
    I wiped the phone and it works fine now.
    03-27-2017 05:33 PM