Has Android added/installed a HP Deskjet Printer feature to their Wi-Fi settings?

A

AC Question

My phone which is an Android LG ZTE has been under attack for awhile now. It's constantly being hacked, it had malware, spyware installed, at times things in my gallery would disappear and unknown files show up in the file folder that I did not install. Have watched it dial numbers without me touching the phone. So, recently I've seen an "hp-print-05-deskjet-3520-series" mysteriously show up in my WiFi system settings. I don't even own a printer. I have many times cleaned my phone with Factory Reset and changed the phone number but this printer has returned. So, is the HP printer a new feature installed by the Android company? I'd rather ask than assume hacking again.

225B

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
Re: Has Android added/installed an HP Deskjet Printer feature to their Wi-Fi settings?

(Same person, new forum name)
@ B.DIDDY If it's a neighbour's printer (which you hit the nail on the head, BTW) why is it connected to my phone? I never gave permission to have one connected nor have I ever given any model/serial/SIM numbers out to anyone.

225B

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
"belodion;5787663]Are you sure it's connected, rather than simply being detected by your phone?"

I'm not sure at all. It just showed up one day in Wi-Fi under System Settings. But why would my phone be detecting a printer and adding it in the WiFi encoded list along with the built-in secured codes by the phone server? Doesn't a person have to program a phone manually to a code with the printer? I'm just trying to understand because I'm not an expert at all in cell phones :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you turn on the wi-fi radio of your phone, the phone will list all nearby wi-fi networks, in case you want to try connecting to any of them. Just because it's in that list list doesn't mean it's connected to your phone. Go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap the menu or gear button, then Saved Networks -- if the network isn't there, then you didn't connect to it in the past.

Are you still getting those other abnormal behaviors that made you suspicious of being hacked? Are you doing anything that increases your risk of being hacked, like downloading and installing apps from sources other than Google Play Store, or downloading "free" movies or music files from the web?