3 Things that Fixed my Galaxy S7 Battery Drain and Lagging after Android Nougat Update

A

AC Question

I was having terrible battery drain and lagging on my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone (TMobile) after the pushed update to Android Nougat on 2/27/17. The battery monitor showed no app causing the drain. After much fiddling, I found three things that, done together, have solved my battery drain and lagging.
1. I turned off WiFi unless I needed it. Nougat drained the battery with wifi on even if I wasn't connected to a network. I left Bluetooth on since I use a headset for phone calls. I always leave Location off unless using Maps.
2. I turned off Power Saver. I paid for a fast phone, so why slow it down?
3. I changed the default Performance Mode Optimized settings so that my phone is not 'optimized'. My Optimize settings are now WQHD and Video Enhancer on. (I left game launcher and tools off.)
My battery and I are happy again - and no lag! For the past three days, I've come home with 60-70% battery like the Marshmallow days. I guess the GS7 hardware just performs best when it isn't being obstructed by third party monitors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis