Some explanation: I work in retail and use my phone at work to listen to music while I stock our cooler and other things while not at my register. Sometimes I'll get notifications, which interrupt the music, and I used to be able to silence them until I was finished with the Do Not Disturb feature. The problem, however, is that with the newest software update on my Galaxy S7 Active, the Do Not Disturb feature now silences ALL media, including the music I want to listen to, which I feel like defeats the purpose. Is there any way to allow music as an exception to Do Not Disturb?
    03-20-2017 12:32 PM
    🙋
    If there is, it would be in Settings, Sound & Notification, Do Not Disturb, Priority.
    03-20-2017 01:56 PM
    Yes it can be changed!

But first - I noticed this too, and I've come to the conclusion that this might be the stupidest feature / addition / modification to a mobile OS. Ever.

Think of the reasons you'd want DND. It's not just for disabling ALL sounds from your device. I'm betting that a HUGE proportion of users who activate DND use it for listening peacefully to music with your headphones, using the device as the media player at a party, or just for running with headphones, preferring not to be distracted and disturbed by emails, texts, facebook or phone calls.

Luckily you can add your media player in "Allow Exceptions" after long-pressing the DND icon. While you're in there, disallow Google app and other annoyances Google enables by default.

This is probably how it was in Marshmallow - if anyone out there can confirm!
    05-11-2017 10:29 AM