Started to get weird message today? (Verizon Integrated Messaging Service)

A

AC Question

Today randomly at 2pm got this message on my phone "We were unable to connect your device to synchronize with Verizon Integrated Messaging service. You can attempt to reconnect your device to Verizon Integrated Messaging through the Settings menu of the application. Is this me supposed to be receiving a text, but I get this message instead?

Anyways I'm not directly through Verizon, I use Total Wireless. I called and chatted with customer support and they were helpless to help me, I guess that is what you get when you go cheap.

Rmccarthy2147

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
I had an idea that it was because I used all my data. How about all of you guys? I have a cheap plan to, total wireless and when I look at data usage it says that the Verizon messenger does use some. So I wonder if it is because of that. Did u people also run out completely or no?

Samstat0905

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
I started receiving them two days ago. I have a Droid turbo 2. The phone came from Verizon and I originally had Verizon plan on it. I switched to straight talk in January but kept my phone and phone number. I called Verizon this morning and they said it was because the message plus (red speach bubble icon) is made to be used only for Verizon wireless customers. She said for me to uninstall it and use the default messaging app on my cellphone. Hope this helps.

JAYGOW1

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
Started 2 days ago...I use Message+ on my new Galaxy S5, that has service through PAGE PLUS...I tried to uninstall the program 'messages', but it won't let me....seems as if there is a fight going on between MESSAGE+ and MESSAGES programs....

wicks_girl

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
I went to verizon to find out what it was all about cause I've gotten at least 90 texts in the last 2 days! So annoying! They said something is wrong with the message+ app and until Verizon updates the app, we'll still be getting those texts. Glad I have unlimited messaging!