I have been using samsung galaxy's for at least 3 years. I currently have the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active. years ago I began using my Gmail Contacts list as my main contacts list and carefully updated it. I then synced my contacts with my Galaxy S7 and for the last few months contacts have started disappearing at random. Newer contacts that I have communicated with are disappearing and older ones that I have never used have started reappearing... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    03-22-2017 11:49 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to contacts.google.com on your desktop browser. Are the missing contacts still there?

When you enter a new contact, are you absolutely sure it's being associated with the Google account, and not the local Phone account?
    03-22-2017 12:59 PM
    I have found that Some of the contacts are still there, but only the email addresses. The phone numbers are not there. When I add new contacts I am making sure they are on the Google account. I have just went through which contacts to display on all accounts connected to my phone (Yahoo/device/sim/google) and there were three that were on my "device" that I re-entered as contacts under my Google account. None on the others. This is crazy! HELP!!!!!!
    03-22-2017 03:51 PM
    I just updated one of my contacts for a test. It updated on my phone immediately. But I have texted him before and it quit showing his name.... just the number. I have been put in a spot by not knowing who is texting of people that I should have their phone number! :/
    03-22-2017 04:05 PM
    Are you adding these new contacts from the Phone app? That is, are you looking in the Call History, selecting a number you called, and creating a new contact from that number? If so, I've noticed an odd bug with the Google Contacts app where the name of the contact ends up being the phone number itself. So if you edited the contact, you'd see the phone number listed under the actual phone number field, but also as the first/last name.
    03-22-2017 08:34 PM
    Same issue for me, sometimes I look up a contact and some details have just disappeared. It seems particularly if the contact has a Google Plus profile, the information originally saved in Google Contacts then disappears.
    04-05-2018 06:34 AM