I bought this phone after being told that it was unlocked for gsm, but it's only unlock via simple mobile coode after 12 mos of service. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
    03-23-2017 07:22 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean that it's only unlocked via simple mobile code? Do you mean that you can only get voice signal on your network? Which carrier are you using right now? It's possible the phone isn't compatible with your carrier's network bands (especially if the phone is a CDMA phone and the carrier is GSM, or vice-versa).
    03-23-2017 08:21 PM
    I actually bought a Huawei sensa lte from simple mobile, it is on the tracfone network. I cannot use any other sim in it, the settings are greyed out when I try. Called them and they said I could get unlock codes from them after 12 months of service. I read somewhere that I need an IMEI unlock code to make the phone usable on any other gsm carrier.
    03-24-2017 07:06 AM
    Yes, you need the unlock code. The proper way to do that is to get it from the carrier that has the device locked to their network and it seems that will only happen after 12 months of service.

Phones being locked to a carrier is one way they protect themselves financially. Companies like Tracfone sell the devices SUPER cheap (as you found). They recoup that money by keeping you as a customer for a period of time, after which they will give you the code that allows you to jump ship with the cheap device.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-24-2017 07:19 AM
    hallux, thank you. I just thought there has to be a method by which I could gain unlock myself. There are lots of so-called tutorials out there but they want you to do surveys, sign ups, etc... I got a set of codes from one of those "unlock" sites but I don't know how to use them. (NCK, Net Sub ,SP, Unblock).
    03-24-2017 08:20 AM
    Hello folks!! I too have purchased a Huawei Sensa LTE through Walmart for Straight Talk. I like straight talk. Only problem is I too am restricted to CDMA which uses Verizon in my area. All I want is to be able to use it as GSM and use AT&T APN settings because Verizon doesn't come in well inside my home. AT&T does. If it's a straight talk phone, and we've purchased it out right, we should be able to switch to GSM and use whatever towers Straight Talk offers that get the best signal for you, correct???
    mvnojailbreaker likes this.
    10-18-2017 05:16 PM
    Welcome.

I agree that you SHOULD be able to, but there may be hardware limitations to using the AT&T service on that phone. You could try contacting Straight Talk and see how they can help you.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-18-2017 08:44 PM
    There is no way to unlock the Huawei Sensa LTE I just unlocked mine using Technology_And_Services on eBay they specialize in unlocking AT&T devices but they were nice enough to get the unlock code for me. Go to ebay search Huawei Sensa LTE unlock code look for Technology_Abd_Services
    02-27-2018 06:24 PM
    Technically CDMA phones aren't locked CDMA & GSM are different. CDMA is has the Networks ICCID and MVNO programmed in the phone
    02-27-2018 06:26 PM
    There is no way to unlock the Huawei Sensa LTE I just unlocked mine using Technology_And_Services on eBay they specialize in unlocking AT&T devices but they were nice enough to get the unlock code for me. Go to ebay search Huawei Sensa LTE unlock code look for Technology_Abd_Services

Sorry, I contacted them through EBAY but they could not help me, they were confused that the Huawey h715BL phone was from AT & T although I told them it was from the Simple Mobile company, they searched through the IMEI of the phone but could not get it Unlock code, please could you tell me how it was that they helped you in unlocking your phone? Thank you.
    11-13-2018 12:29 PM
    The Huawey H715BL is technically made for use on TMobile (Simple, TracFone and Straight Talk are all subsidiaries of American Movil - MVNOs - which use all 4 US carriers.) But the phone may not work on another carrier (American Movil - especially TracFone, has been known to use special firmware that won't work without going through them.)

If the phone has been in service with them for at least 12 months, Simple Mobile will provide you with the unlock code. I don't know why you'd want to unlock it, though - aside from TMobile (or one of their network operators, like the above), it probably won't work very well with AT&T. It definitely won't work with Sprint or Verizon (wrong technologies.) So if you want to use it on another MVNO using TMobile, just use it - it should work. If not, contact the MVNO it's with and ask for their unlock page, then read it and apply for the unlock code.

(But for a $60 phone running Android 6, and not going to be upgraded, I'd replace it with a current phone that's not locked to an MVNO.)
    11-13-2018 01:21 PM