I bought a HDMI switch made by GE so that I could bring my Google Cast Excuse me Google Chrome around the front of the TV rather than let it sit in the back or signal may be weak
    03-24-2017 03:37 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Presumably something is lost in the pass-through of the switch. But do you really get that bad of a wi-fi signal in the back of the TV? My Chromecast is plugged into my AV receiver, which is in an enclosed entertainment center, and it receives just fine.
    03-24-2017 02:43 PM
    Presumably something is lost in the pass-through of the switch.
    Can't say this is definitive but I also ran into a similar issue. When playing with my Chromecast at a friend's house we encountered a similar issue. When the dongle was plugged directly into their TV's HDMI port it worked fine, no issues at all. But plugging it into their HDMI switch box, don't recall which brand, casting just didn't work out well. Tried mirror casting from my laptop, along with using using the Youtube and Netflix apps (all not trying anything high def) and the playback was always jumpy and jerky. Plug the Chromecast back into their TV and everything was OK again.

I bought a HDMI switch made by GE so that I could bring my Google Cast Excuse me Google Chrome around the front of the TV rather than let Tit sit in the back or signal may be weak
    That does seem odd that just moving your Chromecast from the back to the front will make such a difference. Where you using a USB port to power your Chromecast when it was plugged into the back or where you using its power adapter to power it in both the back and the front? Sometimes that can make a difference, especially if your TV has multiple USB ports and you have other devices using USB for power.
    Regarding WiFi signal strength, try installing this 'WiFi Anaylyzer' app from farproc into a phone or tablet and use it check your home WiFi coverage.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...analyzer&hl=en
    Do a walk-through seeing the signal strength when you're closer to your wireless router and then when you're in back and in front of your TV to see what kind coverage you're getting. If the signal is just marginally OK in front of your TV but drops out in back, sometimes it will help if you re-locate your router. Basically it's just a low-power broadcaster, pushing out a WiFi signal from either an internal or external antenna(s) so if the router itself is sitting on a floor surrounded by a heavy desk or some file cabinets its range is limited. Moving the router to something like a shelf higher up can increase its coverage.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-24-2017 06:29 PM