Transfer raw files from camera to EHD via S5

A

AC Question

Hi,

I have a Seagate 1TB wifi hardrive. Phone is connected to it and I can transfer images from the phone to the EHD.

I have a OTG cable and have connected the Canon 5D MkII to the S5. I can view some of the images via an app called CR2 Thumbnails.

However, I can't transfer the raw files to the EHD.

Anyone any advice? What am I missing? #frustrated

Cheers,

Carl.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
The phone was not designed to do what you are trying.
If you can get this to work at all, you will most likely need to transfer the images from the camera to the phone, then from the phone to the EHD.

Personally I doubt you will get this to work because the firmware in the camera makes it pretend to be a hard drive at the minimum level needed for a full computer to talk to it. Unfortunately, those programmers often guess a little low when they should be guessing a little higher in the capabilities needed.

If you can attach that cable to a card reader, you may have better luck.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Assuming you can get the phone to use the CF card reader, I am guessing that you may need to copy the images from the CF card to your phone, then copy the images from the phone to the EHD, as two separate copy commands.

I doubt you can get the phone to copy the images from the CF card to the EHD as a single copy command.

Bloodrunner Kent

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
Must admit, that's something I wanted to avoid, as I don't have a big micro SD card in the phone and don't normally need one.

But, if the CF card reader through phone direct to EHD doesn't work, that'll be the next experiment.

At this rate, it will just have been cheaper to buy additional CF cards and just keep loading them (from the camera).

Many thanks,

Carl.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia