Why does the lock screen display "Far #" next to the date after new Samsung Galaxy S7 update?

A

AC Question

Why does the lock screen display "Far #" next to the date after new Samsung Galaxy S7 update?

I updated my Samsung Galaxy S7 a few days ago with a new update and since the update, it has shown (Far #) next to the month and date above the clock on my lock screen. The number increases by one each day so yesterday it read (Far 7) and today it reads (Far 8). Does anyone know what this is and how I can remove it?

klm13

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Re: Why does the lock screen display "Far #" next to the date after new Samsung Galaxy S7 update?

Yes, I have cleared cache for both applications and system cache during recovery mode. It still shows the same next to the date on the lock screen, although it didn't increase by one figure this morning (remains "Far 8" versus "Far 9")

klm13

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Re: Why does the lock screen display "Far #" next to the date after new Samsung Galaxy S7 update?

Yes, I've turned off the lockscreen as well as the Always on Display, re started and enabled it but no change. This morning again shows an increased by one, so rather than "Far 8" it reads "Far 9"

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

^ That's a good thought. This is a most intriguing thread.

klm13

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site

It still shows when I restart in safe mode. Today it now reads "Far 10". It's the strangest thing!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Have you got Developer Options enabled and switched on by any chance?

klm13

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site

Ok, I switched them off then restarted both normally and in safe mode. No change. Is there something else I should try with them switched off?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

No, if switching off Developer Options made no difference, it's not that. Thinking caps back on.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Well, if it's there in Safe Mode then it's definitely embedded in the system. Not a 3rd party app causing trouble. I don't want to suggest it because it's a PITA, but have you tried factory-resetting the phone? Or do a back up and then head to a Best Buy store to see if they can re-flash the update? (Not sure if that wipes the phone or not, that's why I suggest you do the full back up first). But if you're going to factory-reset the device anyway, it wouldn't hurt to try that first.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Oh, something else. Tried enabling/disabling the Dual Clock feature?

klm13

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site

I have discovered what it is but I am not sure how to remove it. I set my date and time to 'manual' then chose a couple of dates in 2018 to see what it would say. It said "Bah 30" on February 18, 2018 and "Esf 29" on March 19, 2018. It appears to be an Iranian calendar. It's an unlocked phone that may have been made in that region, and I'm guessing the latest Android update decided to include the Iranian calendar too. Any idea how to remove it? I've looked under "settings" for the calendar and it doesn't show an option to remove it. It doesn't even show an Iranian calendar option.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Wow, nice catch. Well, a factory reset could help if there was a bad flash. But since you're on to something (language of the calendar being displayed), have you tried changing your device's language or checking the language settings on your phone to see if there's something there that might be causing the calendar text to appear like that?

klm13

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site

Nope. I still haven't figured it out! The language is set for English so I'm not sure what else to try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay