My phone fell out of my pocket yesterday and the face cracked a little bit but the screen went entirely black I can't see anything. It is still functioning as I am getting text, messenger and phone call alerts, however, I am trying to salvage my pictures and videos. Every time I plug in the sync/charger cord it's saying there's no new pictures. Is there anyway to download these pics and videos or are they gone for good and I need to just quit trying? Any help/suggestions would be very greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance - Jo
    03-27-2017 06:15 PM
    Hi and welcome to Android Central. When you plug in the sync cable dies the PC recognize the phone as a drive? If you open my computer after you plug the phone in it should show up as a removable media drive. Click on that and click through the folders to the camera or DCIM folder. Your pictures should be there.
    03-27-2017 09:42 PM
    Unfortunately no. When I plug it in it recognizes it. However, when I open the folder for the phone it is empty when I right click and select import pictures videos it's saying no new photos on this device. I've read in previous posts that after certain updates on the S6 in order to transfer items from your phone it needs to be set to a MPT (not sure of the proper acronym) setting on your phone.
    03-28-2017 09:39 AM
    Hmm, well I know there are PC programs that supposedly assist with data recovery on damaged phones, but I do not have any experience with them. I wish I had a better answer for you.
    03-28-2017 02:54 PM
    You do need some interaction with the phone.
    When you connect it to the computer, you need to unlock the security screen and then accept the computer connection.

See this thread for possible help:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...ed-screen.html
    03-28-2017 04:47 PM
    Thank you both. Unfortunately it's not just cracked, the home screen is completely black and flickers if I try to turn the phone on or off.

Thank you for your assistance though it is very much appreciated!
    03-29-2017 10:07 AM