Samsung 6, owned 20 months. Battery port is broken and I have to charge using the wireless charge.

Twice in the last two weeks it has suddenly shut off with 20-35% power left and won't turn back on. I was taking photos today when it happened. I hit the capture button and it went black. When I set it on the wireless charger, it turns back on and charges.

Interestingly, when it shut off (or so I thought), I pushed the power button a few times and inadvertently sent the SOS message to my husband...oops. So the screen was black, but it must have had power to send the message. But no matter what combo of buttons I push, it will not power up/light up unless connected to battery charger.
    03-29-2017 04:57 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The battery might be failing -- sudden shutdowns when the battery is low but still not close to zero can be a sign of this.

I wonder if SOS still works if the phone is powered off -- if so, the minimal amount of energy left in the battery after low-battery shutdown is probably still enough to send an SOS. Otherwise, it's possible that the phone isn't actually off, but instead is frozen. The next time this happens, press and hold Power and Vol Down for about 10-15 seconds. Then wait a few seconds, and power on normally again. Does it work?
    03-29-2017 06:13 PM