Im unable to add certain phone numbers to my "favorites" list! Why is this?

A

AC Question

I've had a "favorites" list for over a year, yet when attempting to add my nephew's he doesn't show up! -. Anywhere, even when I search his name!?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Which phone?
Which version of android?
Which carrier?

Which contacts app are you using?

Depending on the definition of "favorites" in the app, you may not be in control of that list if that app defines "favorites" as "most recently used" or "most often used".

After editing/adding the contact data, make sure you are pressing the "save" button. Are you saving the contact info to the phone or to Google Contacts service or both?

Rukstar1

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site
This is an issue I have had since I got my Samsung Galaxy S8 a few months ago. I have searched repeatedly on the internet and not found a solution. Today, I worked it out. It is because your contacts are merged, ie phone contacts, SIM contacts, WhatsApp contacts for example. What you need to do is go into the contacts app and open the contact you want to add to favorites. On the top right hand corner click on the three vertical dots to bring up the menu; click on 'Manage linked contacts'. Delete SIM, WhatsApp and any other links, leaving only the phone contact. Once you have done this go back into your contact and the star is there. You can now add it to favorites.