Cannot get rid of additional PIN lock for specific applications - App will be locked after screen of

A

AC Question

Problem: Cannot get rid of additional PIN lock for specific applications

R7_Blackview_20160824 (a variant of the Oppo 7)
Android marshmallow 6.0

After installing and uninstalling
Lock Screen IOS 9

some of (but not all) the applications, including Settings, require that the PIN is reentered:
(luckily the same original PIN is preserved).

I have tried to reinstall Lock Screen IOS 9 but now it hangs whem I try to configure it, so I’ve had it removed. It’s very annoying. Even to answer a call I need to insert the PIN.

And when the app opens, I see a flash for about one second with this notice "App will be locked after screen off" which is unfortunately true.

I did a filesearch and deleted a folder and data file named “app_lock” – no luck after rebooting.
( /storage/emulated/0/android/data/com.comapplock/files/ app_lock )

Settings > Security > Device administrators are all unticked

I’ve tried and ran these in sequence locking/unlocking the individual apps did not do the trick:
AppLock
CM Security AppLock Clean
CM Locker-AppLock,ScreenLock

I have restored
Lock Screen IOS 9
and same situation 

Thanks for your help!

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, that's what I feared. I'll have to back up first. Do you recommend doing this using my google account, or Helium, or...?
Regards

Depends on what you want to backup. I agree that you may have triggered something deep within the system and uninstalling without deconfiguring (not sure that's a word, but let's run with it) may have locked some things in there forever.

Backup your contacts to Google for sure. That's simple enough. There are two options for backup, maybe try both? I've used SMS Backup & Restore, and my brother uses SMS Backup+.

Helium is amazing. It's pretty hands on if you're not rooted, but that's fine. If you're willing to do it (it's worth it!) then go for it!

Good luck. Sorry there's no obvious quick solve for this.

satam

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
I'm afraid I've lost a phone. After starting it requests for a PW in the lockscreen, I input the usual unchanged PW and says wrong password. It's in a loop, I don't even see the POWER OFF option (which would maybe enable to start safe mode). Is there a way to rescue a bricked phone? (If this is the case as I suspect) Thanks!

satam

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
(see attached file)
Hello,
I finally managed –don’t ask me how, it was just trial and error- to recover my smartphone.

First, I fully charged and left charging.

Second, fiddling with the buttons, and just by chance, I happened to see in a flash this Recovery Menu:

It’s a very, very small font, so I almost missed it, as it only shows for a few seconds.

Here’s how you bring it up:
Press&hold PWR & Vol Up for 10secs

Select Boot Mode:
[VOLUME_UP to select. VOLUME_DOWN is OK
[Recovery Mode] (1)
[Fastboot Mode] “Fastboot mode…”
[Normal Boot]

(1) Result: “No command” and the green android showing an open belly with a red sign.

Third
During start, and while the Blackview logo is on, VOLUME DOWN takes me into Safe Mode, where most of the apps do not start, so that I was able to go
Settings > Apps > OS9 ScreenLock > Uninstall

I could now even do a factory reset, but it was not necessary. Most of the apps are there, just a few settings have changed.

Lock Screen IOS9 was the culprit, it must have a flaw that took me into the “wrong password” loop.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.hidev.lockscreenios&hl=en&token=o_DHSpZS

It does have an option to introduce an email in case of a lost password, but the email never got sent.

Attachments

• Cannot get rid of app PIN lock.solved.pdf
    132.9 KB · Views: 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance