Why won't HTC One 8 turn on wifi while in airplane mode?

A

AC Question

My phone stated acting up by turning its self off even when it still had 20% battery. then when I turn it back on it won't allow me to turn on wifi while in airplane mode. I've looked through all the settings and can't seem to find why it suddenly stopped allowing wifi while in airplane mode. it worked just fine before it shut its self off.

netkubus

Mar 4, 2019
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem with my HTC One M8. Earlier, when I turned on airplane mode, I could turn on Wifi and Bluethoot manually. It worked well and I used it often. One time my phone rebooted itself (it was not a system upgrade), and after reboot the function of turning on wifi in airplane mode stopped working. I care about it because I often used wifi and bluethoot in airplane mode.

Thank you B. Diddy for information about wipping the cache partition.
I tried but unfortunately it did not solve the problem.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem without a hard reset?
I prefer to avoid reinstalling the application and transferring data.
However, if a hard reset is necessary, does it really solve this problem?

Quigy Johnson

May 6, 2019
Visit site
I have a clue but mine does it as well

My phone stated acting up by turning its self off even when it still had 20% battery. then when I turn it back on it won't allow me to turn on wifi while in airplane mode. I've looked through all the settings and can't seem to find why it suddenly stopped allowing wifi while in airplane mode. it worked just fine before it shut its self off.

I had to replace the battery and for a week I could turn apm on and wifi so I'm thinking it did an update unbeknownst to me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2