Long press on home button opens the recent apps instead of Google Assistant

A

AC Question

Hello, I installed the latest beta versions of google and google play service, and I also have the google assistant settings so it's correctly installed, but when I long press my home button to open google assistant, it opens my recent apps... How can I fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm not familiar with that phone. Check the system settings as well as any settings for the stock launcher to see if there's an option to assign the home button to do something else.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It says in that link, "If you want to get rid of long pressing the Home button to open the multitask overview, that might be a good idea to assign the left capacitive button to that function since that button is not really used by most users. Just repeat the process described above with 'Overview' and touching the left capacitive button." So see what happens if you assign Recent Apps to the left button long-press. Does that get rid of the long-press assignment for the Home button?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does that screenshot show what happens after you select the Long Press option? Because I still see Long Press in that image.

If you can press a button to reassign, what if you press Home, and then reassign its Long Press to something else? Does it let you do that?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it gives you an option to reassign the long-press for the Home button, but it doesn't work, then I would guess there's a glitch in the firmware. Contact the manufacturer and see if they're aware of the issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000