Why am I not able to turn WiFi on Sony Xperia Z3v?

A

AC Question

Hello,
I'm having issues with my xperia z3v.
Android 5.1.1
When I turn wifi on, it seems to try to turn on, but in the advanced settings where it lists the wifi connections, the list refreshes every 3 seconds. Trying to manually connect to one of them is no good as it seems to do the whole "searching for signals" while trying to put in the credentials which resets the whole setting. when finally i get credentials in by luck, it states unable to connect to network, or obtaining IP>cycles to searching again> connected>searching> obtaining ip>you get the drift... searching.... every few seconds.
The wifi symbol on the status bar at the top does not turn on, and if I go back into WiFi advanced settings, it says "turn on wifi" like i didn't just turn it on the last time I was there.

Still able to turn on bluetooth, have a mac address appearing. Safe mode didn't work, same issue. Factory reset my phone, same issue. Tried resetting Router, also tried several different wifi's, all fail to connect also tried adding mac address to DHCP reservation table. It's like it's the wifi on the phone that's turning on and off, not actually failing to connect to the wifi if that makes sense. Whether you try to connect to a network or not, the phone searches again like it just turned wifi back on.
Not sure what else to do at this point.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.