New "lock screen" despite no lock screen in settings

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung S6, and without me installing any apps recently, sometimes I get a lock screen when locking my screen, and plugging in my phone. It usually shows some sort of picture (seems to be cat related and scrolls/changes photos that are not mine), date time, weather, and two options. Slide to dismiss and 3 dots in the upper right corner and "mute for now." I've run avast scan and there are no threats, and confirmed in settings that I have no lock screen selected. Besides uninstalling apps one by one until it goes away (it also is sporadic when I get this lock screen), is there any other way to narrow down the culprit?

slinky

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for posting the solution. So apparently Peel is the abomination, the app that takes over your phone's functions well outside the app's ecosystem in an attempt sell advertising on your phone. What gall.

Peel is an app that came preinstalled in ROM with my Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I made it active again, hoping that my IR worked and it would control my TV. I didn't even set up the Peel app and it wasn't working. You can't even go anywhere into the Peel app until you have a device set up so you can't even see that it's the cause of those awful advertising based lockscreens that invade your phone beyond the app itself. I couldn't figure out what was causing this awful lockscreen to appear along with random full screen popups and also video. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21