I still don't like the curves but I get it. They are pretty. They make the phone stand out. I hate em but I care only for functionality so I'm not a typical buyer.

That said what was Samsung's rationale for the weird long skinny screens made even skinnier by the curves? It doesn't make phone prettier just weirder. Pics aren't easily shared. Netflix looks odd. Even Youtube doesn't look good. Why did they do this?
    04-04-2017 05:52 PM
    They've gotten much closer to cinematic, which could mean that we're about to see an industry shift to the wider aspect ratio for video content.. but not sure that's true. I think a lot of it was just to make as much screen as possible because they, IMO mistakenly, believe that people want that.
    04-04-2017 05:56 PM
    They've gotten much closer to cinematic, which could mean that we're about to see an industry shift to the wider aspect ratio for video content.. but not sure that's true. I think a lot of it was just to make as much screen as possible because they, IMO mistakenly, believe that people want that.
    I'd love a 6.2 inch screen in a normal aspect ratio but hate the s8 & plus aspect ratio. It sucks for games too. None are designed for that ratio so screen space is wasted.
    04-05-2017 03:13 PM
    I'd love a 6.2 inch screen in a normal aspect ratio but hate the s8 & plus aspect ratio. It sucks for games too. None are designed for that ratio so screen space is wasted.
    I kinda went the same direction thinking through what I actually want:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...hone-body.html
    recDNA likes this.
    04-05-2017 03:16 PM